Friday, August 4, 2017

Global Stamping Friends - Kids Cards!


Welcome!
If you're blog hopping with GSF, you are arriving from Anastasia Radloff's site.  Thanks for stopping by!

As you travel around Facebook there are links you find to other websites or Facebook pages.  I find some of the coolest things!

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator site that does blog hops.  Whoo HOO!  I really love blog hopping, and haven't had a chance to participate until now.

The theme for August is Kids cards.
This really lends itself to so many possibilities.  Dinosaurs, Baby stuff like the moon stamp set we currently have in the catalog...  I was set on the dinosaurs until.....

I had a former student over to do some stamping recently (Hi, Liliana!) and she really loved the bicycle set.   Kids love bicycles!  I loved my bike as a kid!  Perfect.
Now.... colors.  Red, White, and Blue of course!  Could be a bike for a boy or girl.
I'm going to tell you a little secret... I really LOVE the Marbled background stamp and  I stamped off twice to get a wind-swept light background. (Otherwise it was way too dark.)

Here is my offering for my first Global Stamping Friends Hop.
I'm showing a close-up of the Happy Birthday stamp from the Celebrate You stamp set.  Stitched Shapes, and Layering Ovals have become favorite die cuts.  I use them often as I did here.
This picture shows a close-up of the dog and basket.  These are also two-step stamping just like the bike BUT the scarf... line up the color section so you can see your scarf lines.  I stamped the dog twice in Crumb Cake and stamped off each time.  He's a nice light color. The basket and dog are stamped in Early Espresso as the darker color to give some good contrast in both pieces.

 I've got the GSF list below in case you missed anyone on the hop.  If you're hopping through, click on the NEXT button below, and it will take you to the next blog in the hop by Christina Walker.

Please click to follow my blog!  Please leave a comment!






Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.