Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Christmas in July - Hello Santa!

 After making all those reindeer - I had to find a MUCH better way to use that builder punch!  I didn't want to waste paper, and I certainly didn't want to stamp the images close enough to cut into one while I was cutting a different image!  SO I got out the ruler.
 By cutting the cardstock at 1 3/4 inch wide, I could stamp 2 Santas on a strip and punch them out quite quickly when I was done coloring!

So when I got to the card - this was WAY too boring!  All that brown... for a Christmas card!  NOT!
 After going to the Christmas Pines stamp set, I found this set of stars. 
 Then, I added twine around the top of the banners.  Some Wink of Stella on Santa's fur to give him some sparkle...
 BUT!  No banner.  I had these banners and have been looking for a place for them to land.  Not here!  Now it just became way too busy.
 SO, here is the finished card.
All the little details really made a difference from the first look to now. 
The lesson here is:  Just because you don't like something at first doesn't mean you scrap the entire project!  Keep adding details.  You'll know when it's too much (like the banner).
 photo Blog sig complete.png
Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.